With light there is beauty.
With color there is magic.
I strive to create a magical beauty for the soul.
Born in New Orleans, LA
Lives & works on the Northshore area & in New Orleans
Previous biz names: Katharines Photography & Katharine Scrantom Studios
After falling in love with photography at a young age, I would shoot anything and eveything, mostly in black & white. Black & white images are pure and intellectual. Black & white has a depth that cannot be matched. However, as time has swept by, I tend to see the colors that surround me differently. They dance in my head in the most unlikely places...... in a tiny section of a wine glass or in the light that dances on a river. Sometimes there are images to create from tree branches, or patterns on moss, or even the ceiling of a building as light pours through the open spaces.
Life is magical and beautiful, but even when it takes us to the depths of hell and pain, there is light and color to uplift our souls. It is light that touches my soul. It is color that brings back my magic.
CV / Resume
* Bachelor of Fine Arts- Photographic Design, University of Georgia
* Rockport School of Photography- Digital & Advanced Studio Lighting
Techniques, Rockport, Maine
* Master of Arts in Teaching- Elementary Education K-6, Univ. of Memphis
Exhibitions & Festivals
* Lamar Dodd Gallery, 1981, Athens, GA
* Carol Robinson Gallery, 1981, New Orleans, LA
* Columbus Art Collection, 1984, Columbus, GA
* Gardner Galleries, 1997, Columbus, GA
* Bishop's Common Gallery, 1997, Sewanee, TN
* Garden District Book Shop, 1998, New Orleans, LA
* St. John's Gallery, 1998, Albuquerque, NM
* Tyler's Gallery, 2003, Germantown, TN
* Guy Lyman Fine Art, 2016, New Orleans, LA
* Pizzella Fine Art, 2018, Mandeville, LA
* Sewanee: Grace Revealed, a book of black & white photographs
on the campus of Sewanee, The University of the South, 1998.
* McGehee Disguished Alumn Award for "Sewanee: Grace Revealed"
* Best Portrait Photographer, Germantown, TN
* Photo Design Teaching Award, Albuquerque, NM